The Best and Easiest Keto Drop Biscuits
Quick and Easy Keto Drop Biscuits
This recipe is designed to teach everyone how to make quick and easy keto drop biscuitsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 biscuits
- 50 grams bamboo fiber or oat fiber (1/2 cup)
- 14 grams coconut flour (2 TBS)
- 7 grams finely ground flax seed meal (1 TBS)
- 3 grams xanthan gum (1 tsp)
- 5 grams baking powder (1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 grams instant dry yeast (1 TBS)
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 120 grams room temperature plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (1/2 cup)
- 15 ml apple cider vinegar (1 TBS)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside. Sift the dry ingredients into a medium mixing bowl until there are no lumps. In a large mixer beat together on medium-low all of the wet ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Turn the mixer on to low and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once added increase the speed to medium-low. Beat until fully combined and a smooth wet dough forms. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure all the dry ingredients are fully combined.
- Scrape the wet dough to the center of the bowl and allow to sit 10 minutes to absorb a little of the moisture. After 10 minutes the dough will still be very wet but should be able to pick up and shaped. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions (each portion equals about 72 grams (1/3 cup))
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Use hands and lightly flatten the tops of the dough balls. If desired sprinkle the topping of choice over the top of the biscuits (I use everything bagel seasoning) Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 24 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before serving. When ready to use turn biscuits on side and cut in half to form a top and bottom